BI Developer (Business Intelligence)
Currently, we are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer for our Partner - who provide expertise in Private Banking, Investment Management, and Investor Services.
Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for analysis, design, development, and testing of firm's enterprise reporting applications in support of the business needs of our divisions and clients.
S/he will collaborate with our DBAs, business analysts, data modelers and administrators as necessary to define and develop applications on Cognos BI platform.
- Lead assigned projects from Cognos perspective, create and maintain project documentation, ensure that projects are delivered in line with within agreed parameters (expected scope, deadlines, budgeted hours).
Interview end users and document any missing requirements for data.
- Create and modify Cognos 10 objects in Report Studio, Query Studio and Workspace Advanced to meet client requirements and conform to departmental standards regarding documentation and structure that is reliable and easy to maintain.
- Create and/or maintain Cognos 10 Framework Manager Metadata models to deliver robust and secure foundation for report development.
- Create and/or modify Cognos 10 objects in Event Studio to support intelligent alerts to our users and clients.
- Analyze and classify change requests, identifying and documenting scope of change and impact on other reporting objects.
- Participate in walk-throughs which review report specs, reporting objects, all technical supporting documentation, including screens/reports: provide feedback in accordance with department standards and guidelines.
- Support clients in using and developing their own reports in Query Studio and/or Workspace Advanced.
- Develop training materials, and conduct classroom / remote trainings to promote self-service.
- Develop unit test plans that will thoroughly exercise report logic to ensure Cognos application performance with regard to business requirements.
- Execute unit test plans, document test results and resolve discrepancies as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Ideally 1+ years of experience working in BI application development
- Exposure to full systems development life-cycle in the BI application development space
- Experience in designing / developing solutions on Cognos platform is desirable
- Ability to develop basic, formatted reports and dashboards including cascading prompts, drill-through capability, and more
- Ability to read, understand and debug basic SQL
- Highly developed adaptability
- Strong problem solving skills and communication skills (oral and written)
- Familiarity with database / data warehousing concepts: Oracle database and/or DB2 is an asset
- Java / Cognos SDK knowledge is a plus
- You must be fully fluent in English (other language is an asset).
- Individual approach to each employee
- Possibility to choose type of contract (b2b also)
- Benefit package (MultiSport card, private medical care)
- Work in an international environment
- Stable and long-term cooperation
- Unlimited growth and development opportunity
- Opportunity to work with a leading provider of engineering and technology consultancy in Europe (Alten Group)
- Referral program
- Social events
- Relocation support & relocation package
Do not hesitate and join our team!